Edamame & Black Bean Salad
Serve up some soy joy! Low-fat, high protein crisp edamame, fiber-rich black beans, and crunchy cabbage get tossed in an Asian vinaigrette for a “superfood” slaw that provides 100% of your daily dose of iron and folate. A great “make-ahead” dish because it gets better as it marinates.
- 1 10-ounce package frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1½ cups cooked)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery (about 3 medium stalks)
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups of your favorite cabbage, chopped, or coleslaw mix
- 3 Tbsps rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt, optional
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, then add to the vegetable mixture.
- Chill until cold, about 1 hour. Serve.