Our Emergency Departments (often referred to as Emergency Room or ER) provides emergency care for both adult and pediatric patients 24 hours a day. Our experienced physicians and nurses specialize in emergency and urgent care.
Among the emergency medical conditions treated:
- Heart attacks and stroke
- Difficulty breathing
- Abdominal pain
- Injuries and uncontrollable bleeding
- Major illnesses or infections
- Allergic reactions
For minor ailments, such as coughs, colds, sprains and strains, CHI St. Vincent has Convenient Care Clinics in the Little Rock and Hot Springs areas.
We also have "Level II" trauma services at our Infirmary (Little Rock) and Hot Springs hospitals. We offer:
- 24-hour immediate coverage by general surgeons, as well as coverage by the specialties of orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology and critical care.
- Provide trauma prevention and continuing education programs for staff.
- Incorporate a comprehensive quality assessment program.
Before heading to the Emergency Room, ask yourself:
Is it an emergency?
Follow these guidelines to receive more appropriate patient care and shorter wait times.
You'll feel better faster.
• Signs of a heart attack or stroke
• Severe breathing problems
• Loss of consciousness
• Chest pain
• Severe headache/change in vision
• Fever in infants under 6 months of age
• Bleeding that won’t stop
• Coughing up or vomiting blood
• Broken bones where bone is exposed or limb is deformed
• Fainting, dizziness or confusion
• Minor falls/bumps/bruises
• Eye infections
• Bladder infections
• Minor cuts or animal bites where bleeding is controlled
• Illness with nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, earache, cough and/or sore throat
• Skin rashes, sunburns, minor burns
• Cold symptoms