Graduate Medical Education
Welcome to CHI St. Vincent Hot Springs Medical Education program! Our purpose is
to extend the mission of CHI St. Vincent by training medical students and residents to be compassionate, skillful, and outstanding physicians so that they may enjoy long, fruitful and healthy lives in a career that improves the lives of their patients
and their local and global communities.
Training New Physicians to be Competent & Compassionate
Through our residency programs, we offer a comprehensive training environment with accomplished and dedicated physicians and support staff. While medical knowledge and patient care are paramount, we also focus on professionalism
and interpersonal skills in the contexts of our hospital and community. We are intent on teaching our students and residents how to solve problems not only with their patients, but also within our society.
Several attributes of CHI and Hot Springs makes medical education attractive:
- CHI has a diverse population with a large referral area and excellent case mix.
- The Emergency Department has over 40,000 visits annually.
- CHI is a Level II Trauma Center.
- Our physicians represent most of the major sub-specialties in addition to primary care.
- Hot Springs has a lower cost of living than most urban areas.