Hot Quinoa Cereal
This nutty, protein-packed seed is a great gluten-free source of fiber, antioxidants and magnesium.
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- In a heavy saucepan, bring water, quinoa, and flaxseeds to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Stir in almond milk, bananas, blueberries and maple syrup.
- Serve into bowls and top with almonds.
Mix and match your favorite grain, fruit, nuts, and seeds for variety. Double the recipe on the weekend and microwave portions on weekdays..