Cinnamon Oatmeal Breakfast Squares
This breakfast sticks to your ribs for hours and makes a great breakfast on the go as well as a snack for later in the day. Cover with foil and they’ll keep all week long! Serve with yogurt and fruit.
Serves: Makes 12 servings
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 2 Tbsps honey
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsps shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first three ingredients and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together next 7 ingredients until well combined.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture into a lightly oiled 8”x8” baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Sprinkle top with coconut and remaining.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and let cook for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
This breakfast bar is great on-the-go or to heat up and top with yogurt on a cold morning.