Busy Morning Breakfast Bites
Ricotta is a great way to enjoy dairy. Lower in fat and higher in protein than hard cheeses, ricotta is high in minerals such as potassium, calcium and magnesium – helpful in reducing blood pressure.
Serves: Makes 1 dozen
- 9 eggs
- 1½ cups ricotta
- 1-2 Tbsps dried herbs
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack eggs and whip. Add ricotta, herbs, mustard and whip again.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a medium skillet. Add mixed vegetables and sauté until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Evenly distribute cooked vegetables into lightly-oiled muffin tins and cover with egg batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Eggs are done when they have puffed up and remain solid when shaken. Remove and let cool.
Make a batch on Monday and have on-hand for quick reheating anytime.