Aravind Rao, MD
- Cardiology, Cardiology: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiology: Nuclear Cardiology, Cardiology: Peripheral Vascular Cardiology
- Hindi, Telugu
- Chief Fellow, Department of Cardiology, Univ of Arkansas – 2008-2009
- The George L. Ackerman award for “Outstanding Intern in Internal Medicine," University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (2003- 2004)
- Member, Residency Review Committee, Department of Medicine, University of Arkansas (2003-2006)
- Ranked among the top 0.1% in basic science in an all India based examination in 1993, conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
- Articles published in both The Journal of The American College of Cardiology and Circulation
- Member of the American College of Cardiology, Arkansas Medical Society and the Pulaski County Medical Society
Posted Dec 30, 2019
Farmer Feels Better than he has in Two Years Following TAVR Procedure
Aortic stenosis had farmer, Lawrence Bursic, feeling out of breath, but three days after TAVR procedure he is back working in the field.
Posted Mar 13, 2019
Shirley Bradley Shares Why Time is Muscle when Having a Heart Attack
Getting to a healthcare professional quickly can save your life when having a heart attack. Shirley Bradley shares her story about how two CHI St. Vincent hospitals worked together to save her life.
Posted Feb 5, 2019
Dr. Aravind Rao Discusses Heart Attacks and Risk Factors
Dr. Aravind Rao, Cardiologist with CHI St. Vincent Heart Institute, discusses risk factors for heart disease.
Posted Sep 16, 2016
TAVR Gives Heart Patients Less Invasive Choice for Treatment
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) offers heart patients a less invasive treatment option than open heart surgery for aortic valve repair.
Posted Oct 24, 2016
Q&A: TAVR with Cardiologist, Dr. Aravind Rao
Dr. Aravind Rao discusses severe aortic stenosis which is a serious heart valve disease that restricts normal blood flow to the entire body. He explains Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement, TAVR, provides a minimally-invasive option for treatment.
Posted Feb 20, 2017
Ronald Evans' Heart Surgery Journey with Dr. Aravind Rao
Ronald Evans is out and gardening again thanks to his heart surgery. His primary care physician caught a heart murmur, and Dr. Aravind Rao performed a life saving surgery.