Expert Surgical Care Close to Home
CHI St. Vincent's cardiothoracic surgeons perform hundreds of cardiac surgeries every year at CHI St. Vincent Infirmary in Little Rock and CHI St. Vincent Hot Springs in Hot Springs. This high volume gives us an exceptional level of experience and expertise in heart surgery so you don’t have to travel far from home to get the best care available.
Our medical and surgical team work collaboratively to determine the best surgical treatment for each patients unique needs, whether that’s conventional or minimally invasive surgery. Our goal is to create a surgical plan designed to provide the optimal outcome.
Meet Our Surgeons>>
Personalized Care and Support
You and your surgeon will work together to determine the best surgical treatment for your unique needs, whether that’s conventional or minimally invasive surgery. Our goal is to create a surgical plan designed to provide your optimal outcome.
Your surgical team includes physician assistants, registered nurses, nurse navigators and other clinical staff, all dedicated to superior patient care. We’re here to support you through this process, monitor your well-being and answer any questions you may have, from your first appointment through your recovery.
Cardiovascular Surgeons Talk About CHI St. Vincent's Vision
Heart Surgery Procedures
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery - Bypass surgery redirects a blood vessel to “bypass” blockages so we can restore blood flow to the heart. This may be a traditional (open) or minimally invasive surgery.
- Heart Valve Replacement and Heart Valve Repair
- LVAD Placement
- Major Vascular Surgery
- Thoracotomy - a surgical procedure that allows doctors to visualize, biopsy or remove tissue from organs in the chest.
Heart Care with Minimally Invasive Procedures
Supporting a Weak Heart
Mechanical circulatory support can be a temporary or durable option for patients suffering from a variety of conditions including heart failure, AMI, or cardiogenic shock. The CHI St Vincent Heart Institute team of cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons can provide a number of options for patients including:
- IABP An intra-aortic balloon pump to help your heart pump more blood.
- Impella is the world’s smallest heart pump. This device is inserted into the heart using minimally invasive surgery. It provides temporary support for patients who have heart failure or are in cardiogenic shock as the result of a heart attack.
- LVAD - Left-Ventricular Assist Device
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) is a mechanical device that supports the heart or lung function temporarily. This therapy supports patients in cardiac and respiratory failure. ECMO is used during life-threatening conditions such as severe lung damage from infection, or shock after a massive heart attack.