Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program
With over 600 transitioned RN Residents from 27 states and 5 foreign countries, CHI St. Vincent offers a supportive pathway into nursing practice for the new graduate nurse. Since 2009, we have been committed to the success of our new nurses in that critical first year following graduation.
In our quest for continuous quality improvement, we have partnered with the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ to provide our new graduate nurses with evidence-based curriculum that enhances their transition to practice. Vizient/AACN Nursing Residency Program™ is trusted by more than 450 hospitals and health systems nationwide. The curriculum is focused on critical areas for successful transition from student to practice nurse: leadership, the professional role, communication, evidence-based practice and patient outcomes. Learning opportunities include classroom, simulation and seminars. Within the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™, you will build relationships with your new graduate cohort and have access to a designated facilitator to help guide you in your first year of nursing.
Requirements and Eligibility of the Nurse Residency Program:
- Hold an Associates, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution
- Have less than 6 months experience as a Registered Nurse
- Hold a temporary or permanent Arkansas nursing license
- Participate in all Nurse Residency learning experiences and program components
- Complete all program surveys and evaluations
- Complete an individual or group evidence based practice project by the end of the program year
*New Graduate Nurses are hired into all clinical areas, including specialty areas, depending on need.
- February 1 for May graduates
- September 1 for December graduates