Nurse Residency Program
A program designed so you can experience different patient care environments.
Our track process allows Residents to rotate through day and night shifts, and through all units within their track. These rotations provide the opportunity for Residents to learn the organizational culture, meet peers in their specialty, and ultimately find the best unit/team for their future career.
This extensive one-year program features a series of learning and hands-on work experience* for new nurse graduates as they transition into their first professional role as caregivers. We focus on leadership, patient outcomes, and the professional role.
*Track availability varies by cohort, check the online application for available options.
Little Rock Residency Tracks
Cardiac Catheterization Lab (CCL)
Hot Springs Residency Tracks
Labor, Delivery, Recovery, Post-Partum
North Residency Tracks
Morrilton Residency Tracks
Morrilton is a critical access hospital. Admittance to the Morrilton track will include rotations through the Emergency Department, MedSurg, and Stepdown.
Nurses will learn the following skills during the program:
Care for patients with increased levels of acuity & complexity
Develop leadership skills
Improve patient safety/quality of care
Foster critical thinking skills
Bring evidence-based practice to the bedside
Filter by your preferred location (Little Rock, Sherwood, or Hot Springs) and search: residency
Requirements and Eligibility of the Nurse Residency Program:
- Hold an Associates, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution
- Have less than 6 months experience as a Registered Nurse
- Hold a temporary or permanent Arkansas nursing license
- Participate in all Nurse Residency learning experiences and program components
- Complete all program surveys and evaluations
- Complete an individual or group evidence based practice project by the end of the program year
*New Graduate Nurses are hired into all clinical areas, including specialty areas, depending on need.