- Medical School: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Residency: University of Colorado Health Science Center
University of Colorado Health Science Center
- Cardiovascular Disease, Nuclear Cardiology, Adult Echocardiography
- Voted teaching fellow of the year by the radiology faculty and residents at University of Colorado 2007
- Selected as outstanding instructor as an intern and resident by the junior medical student class at University of Colorado 2002, 2003
- John A. Hartford American Federation for Aging Research grant recipient 1998
- Awarded research grant from NASA to visit research labs in Houston and San Francisco to gain insight into ongoing studies of human physiological responses to weightlessness 1996, 1997
- Member - American College of Cardiology
- Society of Nuclear Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- Arkansas Medical Society and Pulaski County Medical Society
Soiree Magazine featured Dr. Douglas Borg in their latest "Ask the Expert." He answered common questions about Heart Disease.
Hazel Mooney of Hot Springs Village has Watchman device implanted in heart to guard against atrial fibrillation.