Endocrinology and Diabetes Care
Endocrinology is a specialty focused on diabetes mellitus and disorders of the internal secretory glands, such as pituitary, thyroid, adrenals, pancreas, and gonads, metabolic disorders; elevated cholesterol and triglycerides, metabolic bone disease and osteoporosis, as well as certain types of hypertension.
Meet Our Endocrinologists
Diagnosis and Care for Endocrine (Glandular) System
Endocrinologists are specially trained physicians who diagnose diseases related to the glands. The diseases they are trained to treat often affect other parts of the body beyond glands. While primary care providers know a lot about the human body, for diseases and conditions directly related to glands, they often send a patient to an endocrinologist.
Endocrinology is the subspecialty of internal medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and care of disorders of the endocrine (glandular) system and the associated metabolic dysfunction. Endocrinologists are frequently involved with the diagnosis and management of:
- Hypothalamic disorders (abnormal sodium and water balance)Thyroid Ultrasound
- Pituitary diseases (tumors, over- or underproduction of pituitary hormones)
- Parathyroid abnormalities (hypercalcemia, hypocalcemia)
- Thyroid diseases (hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, goiter, nodules)
- Adrenal cortex dysfunction (mineralcorticoid, glucocorticoid, sex hormone abnormalities)
- Gonadal disease (hypogonadism and reproductive disorders)
- Pancreatic endocrine disease (diabetes mellitus)
- Bone metabolism (osteoporosis)
- Lipid metabolism
- Iatrogenic effect of glucocorticoids