Cancers We Treat
We specialize in all types of adult cancers. Our cancer specialists can provide treatment for patients suffering from most types of cancer. No matter what type of cancer you’re facing, our commitment is to provide excellent cancer treatment and care with better patient outcomes, and to promote wellness, prevention, early detection, and survivorship.
According to the National Cancer Institute (NCI), cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells anywhere in a body. These abnormal cells are termed cancer cells, malignant cells, or tumor cells. Many cancers and the abnormal cells that compose the cancer tissue are further identified by the name of the tissue that the abnormal cells originated from (for example, breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer).
Types of cancer:
- Carcinoma: Cancer that begins in the skin or in tissues that line or cover internal organs -- "skin, lung, colon, pancreatic, ovarian cancers," epithelial, squamous and basal cell carcinomas, melanomas, papillomas, and adenomas
- Sarcoma: Cancer that begins in bone, cartilage, fat, muscle, blood vessels, or other connective or supportive tissue -- "bone, soft tissue cancers," osteosarcoma, synovial sarcoma, liposarcoma, angiosarcoma, rhabdosarcoma, and fibrosarcoma
- Leukemia: Cancer that starts in blood-forming tissue such as the bone marrow and causes large numbers of abnormal blood cells to be produced and enter the blood -- "leukemia," lymphoblastic leukemias (ALL and CLL), myelogenous leukemias (AML and CML), T-cell leukemia, and hairy-cell leukemia
- Lymphoma and myeloma: Cancers that begin in the cells of the immune system -- "lymphoma," T-cell lymphomas, B-cell lymphomas, Hodgkin lymphomas, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and lymphoproliferative lymphomas
- Central nervous system cancers: Cancers that begin in the tissues of the brain and spinal cord -- "brain and spinal cord tumors," gliomas, meningiomas, pituitary adenomas, vestibular schwannomas, primary CNS lymphomas, and primitive neuroectodermal tumors
Not included in the above list are metastatic cancers because metastatic cancer cells usually come from a cell type in the above list. The major difference is that the metastatic cells are present in a tissue from which the cancer cells did not originally develop.
Major types of cancer that our cancer specialists treat:
- Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Lymphnode Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Mouth cancer
- Brain cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Blood Cancer
All cancer specialists have strengths, each having an exceptional level of expertise in treating certain types of cancer. We know our strengths, and we know when to refer. If we see that you need a cancer specialist with skills, knowledge, and expertise that we don’t possess, we will not hesitate to recommend another professional.Our cancer specialists always keep your best interest in mind. Providing cancer treatment and saving lives is our mission. We always encourage second opinions, and we will never be offended. If we believe that you’ll benefit from another opinion or referral to another cancer doctor, we will make the appropriate recommendation without you having to ask for it.