CHI St. Vincent, a regional health network serving Arkansas, is part of Catholic Health Initiatives. We have a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Little Rock, our networks includes primary care, specialty clinics, urgent care, hospitals, home health, rehabilitation and surgery centers.
With more than 4,000 coworkers, 1,000 medical staff, and 500 volunteers, CHI St. Vincent consistently receives recognition for advancements in care.
Vision: As a ministry of the Catholic Church, we will lead the transformation of health care to achieve optimal health and well-being for the individuals and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Mission: The Mission of CHI St. Vincent and Catholic Health Initiatives is to nurture the healing ministry of the Church, supported by education and research. Fidelity to the Gospel urges us to emphasize human dignity and social justice as we create healthier communities.
Core Values: The core values define CHI and serve as our guiding principles. They are the roots, or anchors, from which all of our activities, decisions and behaviors follow.
- Reverence: Profound respect and awe for all of creation, the foundation that shapes spirituality, our relationships with others and our journey to God.
- Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, fidelity, trust, truthfulness in all we do.
- Compassion: Solidarity with one another, capacity to enter into another’s joy and sorrow.
- Excellence: Preeminent performance, becoming the benchmark, putting forth our personal and professional best.
Strategic Plan: To ensure a healthy future for those we serve, our strategy is to excel in system performance while we advance personal and community health beyond our traditional acute care focus. We are focused on four strategic objectives that are shared across our system:
- Vibrant Ministry: We will nurture and grow into a vibrant ministry by strengthening our core while responding to the needs of our communities today and tomorrow.
- Energized Community: We will build and energize our communities by tapping into the passion and expertise of our people and partnering with others who share our commitment to create healthier communities.
- Exceptional Care: We will give exceptional care by putting the power to always do what’s right into the hands of our people.
- Distinctive Value: We will create distinctive value by caring for the whole person and whole community in new and inventive ways.
Living Our Mission: We track our progress in achieving our plan through our Living Our Mission Measures. These are commonly definitions of success for our system and the centerpiece for monitoring and managing performance throughout Catholic Health Initiatives.