With CHI St. Vincent Medical Group, you'll find more than 300 physicians and medical providers throughout Arkansas. Our multi-specialty network connects primary care doctors with their colleagues in surgery, cardiology and many other medical fields.
In addition, our emergency physicians and hospitalists are part of the Medical Group, so your primary care provider can stay connected when you come to a CHI St. Vincent hospital.
Rheumatologist Dr. Safwan Sakr Joins the CHI St. Vincent Little Rock Diagnostic Clinic
Dr. Safwan Sakr has joined the team of leading rheumatologists at the CHI St. Vincent Little Rock Diagnostic Clinic. Dr. Sakr is now seeing patients at the CHI St. Vincent Little Rock Diagnostic Clinic at 10001 Lile Drive in Little Rock.In 2003, Dr. Sakr founded the Baxter Rheumatology Clinic in Mountain Home where he served for the past 15-years. He attended medical school at the University of Damascus Medical School in Damascus, Syria, and completed his residency with the Tesheren Military Academic Hospital in Damascus. He completed his fellowship training in rheumatology at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Sakr, call 501.320.1661.
Established in 1961, the Little Rock Diagnostic Clinic grew to become a large multi-speciality medical practice providing diagnostic and treatment services to patients throughout Central Arkansas. The physicians, providers and coworkers of the Little Rock Diagnostic Clinic joined CHI St. Vincent Medical Group in September of 2018.
Our View on Care - CHI St. Vincent Medical Group
• We take the time to get to know you: Whether we are providing routine check-ups, consultation for minor illnesses or more extensive, long-term care, we take the time to listen, learn your background and any health concerns. To us, you’re not just another patient; together, we're partners in your good health.
• We continue caring for you when you leave our doors: We don’t just want you to feel better when you leave our office; we want you to learn how you can live healthier, no matter what. We’ll help guide you on a path towards healthier living. We want to provide you with the tools you need to maintain a healthy and active life.
• We stay connected: When you choose our Medical Group, you will also be connected electronically through OneCare, a free service which lets you view records, check results, request an appointment or prescription, or exchange email with your doctor. This service allows us to always stay connected. We know that your care isn’t limited by the doors on our building.
Leadership and Recruitment
If you are searching for a career opportunity as a physician or advanced practitioner, the CHI St. Vincent Medical Group would enjoy talking to you about opportunities. Learn more.
- David Foster, MD, President
- Julie Embry, Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
- Mary Andrews, Director, Primary Care
- Jelinda Scott, Director, Specialty Clinics
History and Milestones
- 2018 - Little Rock Diagnostic Clinic joins Medical Group adding 34 providers
- 2018 - Growth continues with moves of prominent health providers from other Arkansas health systems, including Dr. Peter Emanuel joining Medical Group to lead cancer services and Dr. Joseph Elser bringing his pediatric headache clinic to the West Little Rock campus
- 2018 - Urogynecology is newest specialty service; additions of primary care providers in Scott, Morrilton and Hot Springs
- 2018 - American ProHealth Care, in partnership with the Medical Group, opens first convenient care clinic in East End, a small community south of Little Rock
- 2017 - Five new cardiologists join ranks with the Heart Institute -- making it the largest cardiology and cardiovascular surgery team in Arkansas
- 2015 - Emergency physicians across all campus are now Medical Group providers
- 2014 - The integrated physicians from Hot Springs, with the move of the hospital from Mercy to CHI St. Vincent, become part of CHI St. Vincent Medical Group
- 2012 - Heart Clinic Arkansas cardiologists join CHI St. Vincent
- 2009 - Renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Ali Krisht creates Neurosciences Institute at CHI St. Vincent and brings new capabilities to Infirmary for complex brain and spine procedures
- 1998 - Primary care expands with addition of University, Jacksonville and Rodney Parham clinics and 27 physicians
- 1997 Joint Venture with Arkansas Family Care Network (AFCN) formed Arkansas Physician Management Inc. (APMI) to provide billing services to Medical Group and other area clinics