Quick & Healthy Breakfast Burritos
Add a little zest to breakfast with this south-of-the-border-inspired dish. It takes just minutes to make and everyone can create their own burrito!
- 5 eggs
- 2 Tbsps 1% milk
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup salsa of your choice
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas (8 inch), at room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsps chopped cilantro
- Red chili flakes to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- In a small pot, mix together the black beans and salsa and heat.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook eggs until done on one side, flip and cook on the other side. Cut into 4 equal slices.
- Lay tortillas on a work surface and top with eggs, ¼ cup black bean mixture, 1 Tbsp sour cream, some cilantro, and chili flakes to taste. Then roll and eat.
These burritos make a great breakfast on-the-go. Wrap in tin foil and enjoy!