2019 Coworker Scholarship Opportunities
Application are now available
Deadline May 31, 2019
For 2019, we have moved the entire process online. This streamlines the process of information gathering and provides a convenient way for coworkers to submit their applications.
Nursing Excellence Scholarship Honoring Dr. John Jones and Judy Johnson, RN
Two $10,000 scholarships will be awarded
The Nursing Excellence Scholarship Endowment was established in 2015 to honor the care, dedication and commitment demonstrated by both Dr. John Jones and Judy Johnson, RN to their patients at CHI St. Vincent for more than 35 years.
- Recipients will receive up to $10,000 to use toward tuition and other institutional costs through graduation.
- Recipients must agree to remain employed at CHI St. Vincent for a minimum of three (3) years after receipt of funds.
Vogel Family Nursing Scholarship
CHI St. Vincent promotes nursing excellence by encouraging CHI St. Vincent coworkers interested in nursing as a profession to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) through an accredited nursing program. Students must be enrolled in the nursing courses of a nursing program to be eligible for this scholarship.
- $25,000 in Vogel Family Nursing Scholarships - $1,000 to $5,000 awards
CHI St. Vincent Coworker Scholarships & Foundation Scholarships for General Education
- Funded by coworkers through the 2019 Coworker Campaign and community donors.
- Supports nursing and non-nursing; for anyone pursuing advanced degree in area of his/her profession, including technical training and traditional academic pursuits.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 each.
CHI St. Vincent, through the Vogel Family Radiology Assistance Fund, promotes excellence by encouraging individuals to seek radiology technologist and nursing training, education and certification to improve the delivery and quality of radiology patient care. In addition to awarding the Sam Vogel Memorial Radiology Scholarships annually, additional awards will be distributed to support Advanced Radiology Certifications in multiple radiology modalities and Nurse Certifications in Radiology. An applicant must be one of the following:
- Enrolled in the CHI St. Vincent Radiology Technologist program or radiology nursing program.
- CHI St. Vincent coworker enrolled in an ACR approved course for the Advancement and Certification for a Specialty Radiology Modality including, but not limited to, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Computerized Tomography and Cardiovascular Interventional.
- CHI coworker selected by the Radiology Department to attend the annual Society of Interventional Radiology conference training and agree to present the learnings to the department upon return.
|Non-nurse coworkers interested in becoming a nurse are encouraged to look into one of our accelerated nurse programs at UA Little Rock and National Park College. Students can earn their ADN and RN degrees at UA Little Rock and National Park College with the help of CHI St. Vincent.|
When filling out the application, you will NOT be able to save it and come back. You must complete it in one sitting. We recommend reviewing and gathering the materials needed for the application before sitting down to complete the form.
- Applicant must be currently employed (full or part-time) at CHI St. Vincent with a minimum of 6 months of employment as of June 30, 2019 or be enrolled in the CHI St. Vincent Radiology school.
- Applicants must be a budgeted, benefits-eligible employee; PRNs are not eligible to apply.
- For nursing scholarships, applicant must be enrolled in an accredited health care program for at least six (6) credit hours.
- For non-nursing, applicant must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university or technical school for at least six (6) credit hours.
- Applicant must have at least a 2.8 grade point average (GPA).
- All recipients agree to remain employed by CHI St. Vincent for a minimum of one year after receipt of funds. The Jones/Johnson Scholarship recipient agrees to a three year commitment.
- A CHI St. Vincent coworker may not be eligible for a scholarship if he/she has been on a work improvement plan or final written warning for behavior or performance between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
- Coworkers who received a scholarship in 2018 ARE eligible to apply.
Completed applications will have the following items:
- Completed application form
- College, university or accredited program transcripts (will have to upload to the application)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation or references from non-relatives, at least one from a direct supervisor, manager or instructor (for Jones Johnson Scholarship, one letter from a nurse leader or physician)
- Provide proof of enrollment/registration in college, university or program with summary of hours and tuition amount (downloaded version acceptable)
- Provide personal essay consisting of no more than 250-300 words (Jones Johnson scholarship applicants are required to submit two essays)
The deadline is May 31 for coworkers to submit applications.
|Coworker scholarships, non-nursing degrees, Jones Johnson scholarships, St. Vincent Auxiliary scholarships, etc.|