Back and Neck Pain
Almost everyone experiences lower back pain or neck pain at some point. Our spine specialists can help you get back to a healthy, pain-free life. Based on your lifestyle and health needs, we create a personalized treatment plan for back injuries and chronic lower back pain and neck pain. You receive the latest in medications and injections, physical therapy, pain management, and surgical intervention. Contact us if you're experiencing lower back pain or neck pain. If you're age 60+, lower back pain or neck pain may be a symptom of spinal stenosis, a condition caused by age-related wear and tear. Don't wait. Get help today.
When to Contact a Medical Professional
Most lower back pain and neck pain gets better within a few weeks without treatment. If you're very uncomfortable, you can rest in bed for a day or two, but longer than that does more harm than good. Over-the-counter pain medications often help reduce back pain, as does the application of cold or heat to the painful area.
Call your doctor if your lower back pain hasn't improved at all after three days of home treatment or if your back pain:
- Is constant or intense, especially at night or when you lie down
- Spreads down one or both legs, especially if the pain extends below your knee
- Causes weakness, numbness or tingling in one or both legs
- Occurs with unintended weight loss
- Occurs with swelling or redness on your back
Back and Spine Conditions We Treat
- Adult Kyphosis
- Adult Scoliosis
- Cervical Disc Degeneration
- Cervical Disc Herniation | Cervical Disc Rupture
- Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Intervertebral Disc Disease
- Lumbar Disc Degeneration
- Lumbar Disc Hernation | Lumbar Disc Rupture
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Deformities
- Spinal Infection
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumor
- Spine Trauma | Spine Fracture
Back Surgery was the Only Option for Debilitating Pain
Ronalda Williams was experiencing excruciating pain from a lumbar herniated disc.The first resort should for a healthy spine should be careful exercise, taking precautions and working with your doctor.
However, Dr. Ali Krisht could see that Ronalda Williams needed immediate surgery. Without it, she would suffer permanent damage.
Learn more about Dr. Ali Krisht and CHI St. Vincent Neurosciene Services