CHI St. Vincent offers clinical rotations to third year medical students from Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Surgery, Psychiatry, Obstetrics & Gynecology, and Pediatrics. Specialty rotations are also available on an individual basis.
Most rotations are in Hot Springs and pair the student with a physician for four week rotations. CHI also may offer rotations to third and fourth year students from other medical schools on an individual basis when space is available.
Senior year rotations are available in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, and some sub-specialties.
- A visiting student must be matriculated at an LCME accredited medical school, or a school of osteopathic medicine accredited by the American Osteopathic Association, and be actively progressing toward he M.D.
or D.O. degree at that school
- Be a fourth year medical student in good standing
- A visiting student may pursue elective studies at CHI Hospital including all ambulatory clinics, for no more than 2 electives per educational year (eight (8) weeks)
- A visiting student must have permission from the parent school to study at CHI Hot Springs. This permission must be in writing, signed by the Dean or Associate Dean of the parent school, name of requested rotation, dates of your requested rotation and
must indicate that the student is in good standing at that school.
- Have passed USMLE Step 1
- Provide proof of liability insurance in the amount of at least $1,000,000 per incident and $3,000,000 aggregate
- Submit an official transcript
- Provide proof of immunizations including TB, Tetanus, MMR, Varicella, Hep B and Flu.
- Drug screen
- Criminal Background Check
- Completion of Care Learning (submit certificate of completion)
- Complete the Confidentiality Agreement
submit proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Student must adhere to CHI Hot Springs educational calendar.
- A new request must be submitted for each requested rotation
- Students will not be able to begin your rotation
until the items listed above are received by Medical Student Department